Tuesday 6 December 2016

WHY MEN LOVE BITCHES // SHERRY ARGOV & BAKU MAGASINE


Sometimes you need to read something that isn't winning literacy praise for its use of similes or deep symbolism but instead you need to read something that is rather tongue in cheek and was given to you because the title would make me laugh.




And this book falls into that category.  I suppose it is a self help book for women about their role in relationships and keeping men on their toes.  It isn't saying that you have to be rude but highlights the need to be assertive in relationships especially about what behaviour you find acceptable or unacceptable.  

Some of the things are said tongue in cheek and I do not think this is a book to be taken literally word for word to follow, but I did find it useful.  It reminded me of the girl I used to be: how I knew my own self worth and as a result would not revolve my life around another and wouldn't put up with certain things that in recent times I did put up with.

It helped make me realise that people will take as much as they can if you let them, and you don't have to.  I think the advice can be applied to friendships as well and many other different relationships.  

It is a book that highlights women's power and celebrates self worth and not accepting unacceptable behaviour.  And most important;y that this intolerance of such behaviour does not make you weird or abnormal.  

That is what I took from the book anyway.  

Buy it for a friend after a break up as a little jokey something, hopefully it would put a smile on their face.


In other news as I was perusing the magazines at the airport waiting for my flight I  came across Baku, a Conde Nast publication that focuses on fashion, art and culture in a more edgy light.  It is now my new favourite magazine.  

The photography is amazing and the articles are interesting, diverse and well written.  It brings together my love for fashion with my interest in arts now I can buy one magazine instead of two.  And also most importantly it will look nice on my coffee table. 



1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to stand up for yourself sometimes!! I know I'm a strong woman, but I really hate coming across as the bad guy, and I avoid arguments at all costs, so that means that I often don't speak up when I should. Sounds like I should give this a read!!

    ReplyDelete