Wednesday 21 September 2016

A WEEKEND IN LONDON


My intention was to go down to London see my friends and do a really good job of documenting it.  

Well, two out of three isn't bad.

I went down to London had an amazing time and was enjoying myself so much that I forgot to take photos.

I know worst blogger ever.

However I have noted down some places to check out if you are down in London yourself, so it wasn't a total loss.





We went to the one in Greenwich.  It was small and intimate with a really nice atmosphere and more importantly really good champagne and cheese.  What more could you want?

I don't think the food menu is as extensive as the other locations but I was happy passing a few hours eating and drinking in great company.


Really enjoyed our visit to this little cafe in Blackheath.  The avocado on toast was really good but the best part was the hummus, you have to order it it is incredible.



We went to the more formal dining room for brunch as there was quite a few of us and you can't book downstairs: something to keep in mind.

The peach bellinis were the perfect start to brunch and I had the stuffed french toast which was really tasty: I could taste the banana without it being overbearing.  Next time I would just ask for it without the bacon.  

Generally this is a really good place for brunch especially if there is a group of you.  The cocktail list is extensive giving you plenty to try as you while away a couple of hours.  And it is centrally located so easy for everyone to get to.


I stayed with my friends who live near Greenwich and I have to say I really liked the area.  I don't know that side of London that well but with the amazing Greenwich Park right on the doorstep; Blackheath a little stroll away; and all the touristy bits and bobs Greenwich has to offer I think I will definitely be back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment