Friday 5 August 2016

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR // JOEL DICKER


After a successful first novel, Marcus Goldman is now facing a serious case of writer's block and the deadline for his second block is looming ever closer.  He turns to Harry, his mentor and old professor, for help and from there a whole set of events begin to unravel beginning when a body of a teenage girl is found in his mentor's back yard and the summer of 1975 becomes crucial.

This book is a murder mystery thriller and is un-put-down-able.  With more twists and turns than could be foreseen, the story travels at a rapid rate which makes the pages easy to turn.  It is exciting yet funny and easy to read.

I loved the way it is told in a first person narrative and also uses a timeline in an interesting way, bringing more depth to the relationship between Marcus and Harry.

Just make sure you get a friend to read it at the same time as you because I wish I had had someone to talk all my theories through with: I had so many theories.

One of the most enjoyable books I have read this year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment