Monday 4 July 2016

A HAPPY LIST

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the little things that brighten up my days.  The really small things that put a smile on my face with minimum effort or expenditure.

I used to try a do lists like this in an attempt to appreciate the small things and keep life in perspective.  Recently the actions of some have made me realise how important it is to do this, so here we go, Ten things that made me happy this last week:

(1) Ava saying "I love you" to me.  Every time it makes me smile and brightens my day.  I just love that little girl so much.

(2) Esme giving me a big hug and patting me on the back.  She did this to me last week when I was not feeling my best and it just made my heart into a puddle on the floor.

(3)  Receiving surprise mail.  I love post and receiving a really thoughtful letter just makes me smile.  Thanks Loretta!

(4) Catching up with old friends over a lovely brunch.

(5)  A weekend away: seeing my little ones play with their friends and having winding conversations over glasses of wine.

(6) My new sunglasses: it is love.

(7) Taking the time to switch off and getting lost in a book.

(8) Writing posts for this blog and taking the photos.  I love doing it so much and had forgotten how much I enjoy blogging and capturing moments.

(9) Pottering.  a lazy moment just pottering around, taking my time makes me smile.

(10) My fake tan turning out brilliantly.  It made me into a cheshire cat I have you know.

And that is that.

What has made you smile this recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment