Tuesday 28 June 2016

THE WASP FACTORY // IAIN BANKS

I was watching one of my favourite YouTubers (sunbeamsjess) and she was mentioning the books that she had bought and The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks was mentioned.  It peaked my interest and so I decided I had to read it.  

It is a hard book to explain: it is from the view point of Frank, a sixteen year old boy who lives with his Dad in the upmost north of Scotland.  It is a first person narrative of his past and present.  

I really enjoyed it and at times found it to be quite chilling but definitely gripping.  It isn't the longest book so I managed to read it really quickly which I always take as a good sign.  I also think it is a modern classic and I know it features on quite a few English university degree programmes.  

I should warn you though it is quite violent and Frank isn't the nicest character, in some ways he is very hard to warm to, but don't let this put you off, I think it is definitely a book worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment