Thursday 23 June 2016

THE BURIED GIANT // KAZUO ISHIGURO

I read this book mainly due to the author as Kazuo Ishiguro wrote Never Let Me Go.  I wanted to read his new book as I knew it was very different in style.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and read it really quickly for me.  I have two little girls so reading normally takes a back seat but with this one I couldn't help but pick it up in any spare moment.

It is the story of a husband and wife, Axl and Beatrice, as they decide to go on a journey to find their son.  On their way they come into contact with others who have their own agendas and also there is the question of the mist and the effect it has on everything.

It is beautifully written and highlights the complexities of a relationship between two loved ones and the way that in a relationship that lasts for so long things are forgiven and forgotten.

It is a little hard to get into at the beginning but I would say persevere and it will be well worth it.  Put it on your holiday book list you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment