Friday 24 June 2016

FUNNY GIRL THE MUSICAL

Just over a week ago, I spent the day in London and was lucky enough to have tickets to see Funny Girl the Musical.

I didn't get any good photos (no cameras allowed during the performance), but what I did get was an evening full of laughs, amazing singing, and emotional depth.

Funny Girl is the story of Fanny Brice who is everything a girl on Broadway is not supposed to be but Broadway is her dream and she goes after it using her humour to her advantage.  There is love and romance along the way too.

Originally Sheridan Smith was supposed to be playing the part of Fanny Brice but unfortunately couldn't be there so Natasha Barnes played the part instead.  And I have to say she was absolutely incredible and deserved the standing ovation she received.

Darius Campbell was also really impressive as Nick Arnstein and it took me a while to realise it was him.  He has come a long way from his Pop Idol days.

Normally in shows I feel as though the singing or the acting is slightly stronger but in this show both were beautifully matched and of the highest calibre.

It is really one to see, so if you can get your hands on some tickets go and see it, and invite me along because I would love to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment