Saturday 25 June 2016

AEGON CLASSIC BIRMINGHAM

For my birthday, I kindly got taken to the AEGON Classic Birmingham tournament.  I love tennis so this was a major treat and I was so excited to go.  And I am glad to say it didn't disappoint especially as there was no rain...hallelujah!
The most famous faces had already been knocked out of the tournament but there were still some well seeded players left in, including some well known British faces like Johanna Konta and Heather Watson.
Sadly neither made it through to the next round but it was really enjoyable to see them play.

I think it is easy to watch from the comfiness of your sofa and be a couch critic (I know I am guilty of that!), but it is not until you get to see it live and at such close hand that you realise the difficulty of what these ladies are doing and how they make it look so easy.  Those tennis balls are hit hard and fast!

And of course we had to have some champagne to celebrate, I mean it was my birthday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment